To integrate the gentle, nurturing spirit of change and growth into academics, creativity and consciousness.
The Story (Philosophy) of Chinook Spirit Children’s Academy
Children are born with gifts, talents far beyond the basic five senses, ways of knowing their world and knowing their soul. We all have access to these abilities to know. Intuition. Creativity. Imagination. Will. Memory. Deep connection with animals and nature. The ability to heal. What happens generally is that these spiritually wise young people go to school, and society teaches them the ways of the world, putting their spiritual knowings back on the shelf. It’s inevitable, learning the ways of the world, so we are not proposing full sheltering from such realities. We are proposing that our children learn the ways of the world through the lens of a spiritual being, of using their intuition to interpret and navigate the world around them. Rather than letting those gifts and senses be placed at bay in early childhood, why not create a learning environment in which their abilities can be nurtured through application? Why not let them grow?
If one advances confidently in the direction of their dream and endeavors to live the life they are imagining, one passes an invisible boundary. All sorts of things begin to occur that never otherwise would have occurred.
~Henry David Thoreau
For young children, it’s a simple lesson: “Listen to your heart. What does your heart say?” At a young age, children can learn to accept negative emotions such as fear, sadness and anger without using them to guide their decision making. Nothing is coincidence, and for children, school is life. When life happens at school for a child, we want our children to learn from this life experience, to not judge the persons involved, but accept them as teachers in this life.
- CSCA teaches the whole child, from spirit to intellect.
- CSCA differentiates instruction so that the needs of each learner are met in a manner which is developmentally appropriate.
- CSCA follows national standards, so our curriculum is competitive with other schools and states.
- CSCA teaches thinking, so students become, no, so students remain the problem solvers and critical thinkers that they were born as.
- CSCA encourages students to follow their own creative consciousness, and in turn, foster students’ genuine interest in finding their own truths about their world and themselves.
If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation. ~The Dalai Lama
- Childhood is for learning both academic lessons and life lessons. We celebrate those learning opportunities, as we are all here to learn from each other and ourselves. Life is our classroom. We are building a school where children will be able to learn in loving harmony, where each spirit is honored and respected as both teacher and learner. Through education, we are helping kids find their soul path.